Unwanted Guests

A couple of love birds decided that the drain passage on our upper balcony would make a nice nest. These are persistant buggers. I broke up their nest two times on the weekend. Well finally they beat me. They built a nest AND laid an egg while I was at work.

So now the big question...Do I let them nurse this egg into a new baby birdie or do I smash the egg and break up the nest?

My soft side wants to let them be. My hard side wants to show them who's boss.

What do you think I should do? Please comment.



Comments

Let them be!
Leave them alone this year...I can't believe you broke up 2 of their nests! That's mean. That was alot of hard work for them.
Next year block it off somehow so they can't nest there.
Anonymous said…
Eat it! When's the next time you'll get a perfectly fresh egg delivered right to your doorstep!
Anonymous said…
Let them live. Julia can have a pet bird!
yyzron said…
have uncle louis build a birdhouse beside the drain and relocate the squaters. A big rain would flush that nest & egg down the drain anyways.
yyzron said…
should add.... Damn pigeons... rats of the sky they are. It's not like its a pair of Blue Jays or Robins or Bald Eagles or something.
Anonymous said…
YEAH!!! A pet for Julia!! I'll have to ask her what she will name the baby. Stock up on the bird seed!
Anonymous said…
Kill all three of them!!
yyzron said…
Pet for Julia??? yeah, maybe if you what to give her the plague... or bird flu at least.
Anonymous said…
Leave them there be sure to update us on the arrival of the new additions.

Popular posts from this blog

Continued Progress

Welcome Home Emily!