Catching Up

Tuesday - I went back to work and Julia went back to daycare. I found out that this week they are exploring colours. Each day they explore a new colour: Tuesday-yellow, Wednesday-Red, Thursday-Purple, Friday-Green. For each day they are to wear something of that colour. Julia wore GREEN, everyone else was correctly wearing YELLOW. Julia could care less.
Wednesday - The big meeting with her teacher. Mommy and I met with her teacher in the afternoon. We were trying to be sneaky and get in there without Julia seeing us so she wouldn't get upset. They were outside but of course she spotted us through the window. Anyway, the meeting went well. Julia is right on schedule with her development (she could pile blocks 7 high...I didn't know that). Her potty training is going great. They gave us a couple of things to work on that they are also working on. 1) Julia spits food out if she doesn't want to swallow it. They are encouraging her to chew and swallow to eliminate this "inappropriate behaviour". 2) Julia must use her words to resolve conflicts. Right now she basically screams until someone helps her although she is getting better at it. Mommy also observed some interesting behaviour while there. Julia is fascinated by the toilet, whether it is her on it or one of her classmates. She loves to watch poo (not just her own) go spiralling down the toilet. Yuck. She is generally more polite at school although not as polite as her classmates. Example: when asked if they would like more kiwi, Logan says "yes please", Julia says "Right HERE!" pointing to her dish. Later that night Mommy and Julia went out to dinner with Grandma and Papere.
Today - Grandma and Papere picked up Julia today. When they got there Julia and the class were outside playing. Appearently Julia needs to have proper winter boots, proper gloves, winter pants, and a scarf! Oops! I guess it is a bit chilly out now. To keep her face warm they smeared vaseline on it! I'll bring her winter gear tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unwanted Guests

Continued Progress

Meet Emily!