Hey we had a rabbit in our backyard tonight like Andrew and Nathan did. It sat there for a long time until I walked in the backyard. It took off to the neighbour's backyard.
A couple of love birds decided that the drain passage on our upper balcony would make a nice nest. These are persistant buggers. I broke up their nest two times on the weekend. Well finally they beat me. They built a nest AND laid an egg while I was at work. So now the big question...Do I let them nurse this egg into a new baby birdie or do I smash the egg and break up the nest? My soft side wants to let them be. My hard side wants to show them who's boss. What do you think I should do? Please comment.
Emily had a great day. She is now out of the incubator and back into a regular bed. She also nursed twice today! At noon and at 6pm. We tried again at 9pm to see if she can handle back to back feedings but she was too tired. Breast feeding still takes a bit too much out of her. Tomorrow we will continue to try to alternate between nursing and tube. Emily is now off of the antibiotics. There as been no signs of infection. The IV will be coming off soon too. Her weight slightly dropped from yesterday which is not really a concern. Overall she looks much healthier than on Sunday. She is like a different baby. With the progress that she is making, we can anticipate that she will be home very soon.
Well the blog now needs a new name. On Halloween night, Julia became a big sister to a tiny little sister. Little Emily came very quickly Halloween night. Sheryl was scheduled to be induced on November 1st but Emily couldn't wait. After mild labour pains during the day, they decided to induce a day earlier since things were already progressing. Once the real contractions started things moved very quickly. It wasn't even 30 minutes from the first serious contractions to the birth. In fact it happens so quick the doctor wasn't even present. Luckily there was a mid wife there so I didn't have to catch Emily myself. Sheryl did great. It was very fast so no time for an epidural. She is making a very speedy recovery. Little Emily is indeed LITTLE! At birth she was 4 lbs and 13 oz. Definitely small for a full term baby (37 weeks 5 days). This was the reason for the scheduled induction. This issue was discovered in an ultrasound on Oct 30. Aside from being tiny,...
Comments