Home At Last

We made it home safe and sound. I wish I could say that our trip home was uneventful but...it was NOT! The first problem was that the flight was delayed. It was suppose to fly out at 10:50am but was rescheduled to 3:30pm (mechanical problems - the plane hit a bird and had to be repaired). Luckily I checked the times on-line when I woke up or else we would have been at the airport for 10 hours or so. By the time we did get to the airport at around noon mostly everyone on our flight had already checked in because they were there since 6am. Unfortunately for us there were no seats left together. Shortly before boarding though they opened up a few seats by moving some passengers to business class.
During the flight (and all day actually) Julia was not behaving like a good girl. She was being bossy, not listening to Mommy and I, and generally being a bit "saucy". It peaked during our decent. She woke up from a short snooze and had a full blown, atomic tantrum on the plane. She was screaming, kicking, throwing pillows, and hitting Mommy. She even squirmed out of her seat belt. This lasted for a LONG time. I'm not exactly sure how long but I would say around 10 minutes. It seemed like an eternity. It was VERY embarrasing. At one point I was trying to cover her mouth. All that did was piss her off even more. I would have to say that Julia will not be flying for a very long time. I see a lot of road trips in our future vacations. Bye-bye Caribbean beaches. Hello Wasaga Beach.
Auntie Weezie and Papere picked us up from the airport so at least that part of the journey was painless.

Overall, aside from the two travel days, it was a great vacation. I'm sure we'll be back at Disney some day but next time we're driving.

Comments

yyzron said…
Two words that i'm losing sleep over. "Atomic Tantrum"

Popular posts from this blog

Unwanted Guests

Continued Progress

Welcome Home Emily!