Daddy's Back
After many months of being number two, I've have reclaimed my spot as "the favourite". It was Mommy, Mommy all the time and I was relegated to being the designated chauffer. Julia would run away from me at daycare when I picked her up, fight with me in the car while continually stating "I want my Mommy!". Really, I couldn't win...until now.
How did I do it you ask? I used a clever combination of two things...technology and Dora! I borrowed a portable DVD player from a co-worker and had Dora playing during her drive. She loves it! She is so happy to see me when I pick her up. She's like a little zombie in the back seat staring at the screen. I only hear a few words during the drive. "Where's swiper?", "I wanna see another one!", "Move your arm!" (sometimes I accidentally get in her way). Now I have to return it so I'd better run out a buy one myself before I loose my top ranking.
Who said parenting is hard?
Oh and her hand is fine. However she did have a nightmare last night about her hand getting stuck.
How did I do it you ask? I used a clever combination of two things...technology and Dora! I borrowed a portable DVD player from a co-worker and had Dora playing during her drive. She loves it! She is so happy to see me when I pick her up. She's like a little zombie in the back seat staring at the screen. I only hear a few words during the drive. "Where's swiper?", "I wanna see another one!", "Move your arm!" (sometimes I accidentally get in her way). Now I have to return it so I'd better run out a buy one myself before I loose my top ranking.
Who said parenting is hard?
Oh and her hand is fine. However she did have a nightmare last night about her hand getting stuck.
Comments