Emily's Update
Emily is now at day 9 of her stay at the hospital. It is getting very stressful because we don't know what is wrong and we feel the doctors should be doing more to find out what is wrong. She is now back on oxygen to keep her saturation levels up. The good news is that the echocardiogram did not reveal any heart defects. Now we are back to square one with regards to her desaturation problem. The really frustrating part is that the pediatricians do not talk to us regularly (once in 9 days!). I don't get it. I can't imagine myself being in the hospital without seeing a doctor all day. That seems to be what is happening. They seem to be just waiting for her condition to improve even though she has not shown any steady improvement to date. Some days are better than others. Today was a good day though.
The good news is that her feeding continues to improve and she is gaining weight. She has now reached 5 lbs! We just wish she were at home.
Julia visited on Saturday with both Grandma's. Julia loves to hold Emily. I can see that she will be an excellent helper when Emily comes home.



The good news is that her feeding continues to improve and she is gaining weight. She has now reached 5 lbs! We just wish she were at home.
Julia visited on Saturday with both Grandma's. Julia loves to hold Emily. I can see that she will be an excellent helper when Emily comes home.
Comments