Happy 1st Week Birthday Emily!
Today is Emily's 1st week birthday. Sadly it was at the hospital and not at home. Emily finally got her echocardiogram done. It took so long to get it. It was requested by the pediatrician shortly after her birth. It was finally scheduled for Thursday and then it got bumped at the last minute. It finally happened this afternoon (late of course...it was suppose to be in the morning). Now we won't get the results until after the weekend. In the meantime, Emily's feeding is getting better and better (she surpassed her birth weight today!). This has put an extra burden on Mommy because she needs to be there as much as possible. Mommy is VERY tired! Emily also cries to be held which makes it very tough to leave her there. She still has dips in her O2 saturation levels. It certainly makes us nervous although the doctors say it is at a safe level. I would feel better if I had some answers.
It looks like Emily is still at least a few days from coming home.
We have received many notes of congratulations and words of encouragement which we certainly appreciate. It is especially comforting to hear from others that have been in similar situations. I don't think I fully comprehended what they had gone through until now!

It looks like Emily is still at least a few days from coming home.
We have received many notes of congratulations and words of encouragement which we certainly appreciate. It is especially comforting to hear from others that have been in similar situations. I don't think I fully comprehended what they had gone through until now!
Comments
How'd she get onto her side - if she did it by herself, that's amazing!