Show and Share Day

Today was Show and Share Day. Julia brought her quacking duck. She loves that toy (not as much as "baby" though). However, when I went to pick her up it was abandoned on the floor...oh well. Grandma and Papere came over for dinner. Julia was really happy to see them. It's been 3 days since she saw them last. Julia and I will be meeting them for dinner tomorrow evening. Mommy has to go to a party and I have hockey later so they have volunteered to babysit.

Julia and I have had some battles this week. She is getting more and more defiant. Terrible-Twos maybe? On Monday she refused to put her mittens on when I picked her up. She was screaming! It wasn't that cold out so it didn't really matter but I couldn't back down at that point (TIP: Pick your battles carefully). I struggled with her for 10 minutes before I called in reinforcements. Mia (Julia's teacher) came over to help. I held Julia on my lap in a bear hug and Mia shoved the mittens on. "Good job Julia! You put your mittens on!". I was so frustrated and HOT! I was sweating bullets. Julia was so upset. She had huge tears and her face was all blotchy. A few more times this week I've had to use time-outs, time-out threats, threaten to put her back in bed, threaten to leave without her if she didn't put her coat on...frustrating.

Julia didn't wear her mittens yesterday or today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unwanted Guests

Continued Progress

Meet Emily!